The Student News Source of Wylie High School

The Compass

The Compass

The Compass

Best Game of the Year: Superbowl Overview

Colleen Schmucker

Last Sunday, thousands of Americans turned into sports channels to watch the biggest game of the year: the Super Bowl. And whether you were too busy eating snacks, looking out for Taylor Swift, or simply watching for Usher’s halftime show, here’s what you missed from this year’s Super Bowl between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs . 

In the first quarter, neither the 49ers or Chiefs scored any touchdowns, but both put up tough fights in the defense area. 

By the second quarter, the 49ers were up by 7, with a score of 10-3. Quarterback, Brock Purdy, and running back, Christian McCaffery, assisted with these touchdowns, but a comeback was to be made by the Chiefs. 

During the Halftime Performance, Usher gave an electrifying performance and brought out many stars including Alisha Keys. H.E.R, Ludacris, and more. He played many of his classic hits and, according to many sources online, joined many performers as one of the greatest halftime performances in the last 20 years. 

Entering the third quarter, the Chiefs had the intention to win the higher score, which is exactly what they did by ending the quarter with 13-10.

In the fourth quarter, the Chiefs and the 49ers tied with 19-19, which transitioned into overtime, and the Chiefs won by 25-22.

After this year’s Super Bowl, it has become a two-in-a-row win and third win in the last 4 years for the Kansas City Chiefs.