The Student News Source of Wylie High School

The Compass

The Compass

The Compass

Are Sunset Pictures an Addiction?

Emma Zachary

Our generation has a photo taking obsession! The way we remember our lives is through photos. But, some may say we take too many pictures and don’t live in the moment.

When you go on Pinterest or Instagram you are bound to see a sunset picture. Some people have fallen under the spell of getting their phone out and taking a picture at every moment.

3 girls in a row were chosen at random to answer the question of whether or not they take sunset pictures. They all said they take sunset pictures and were then asked why.

“Pretty and high quality. I do tend to take them at every chance I get. I enjoy seeing all the pretty colors in the sky. It makes me happy. I think I do have a little bit of an addiction,” Phoebe Akinwande said.

“To capture sacred moments in time to look back on,” Sofia Nilsson said.

“Cause my grandpa liked taking pictures of the sun when we went fishing, now he’s dead so I like to do it in remembrance of him,” Yeudiel Luna said.

So, some pictures have meaning to them, and some are just because of the aesthetic. But, it’s different for every person. Phoebe, for instance, does it all the time because she loves them and even claimed that she had a little bit of an addiction.

Whatever the reason may be, the question is, are you addicted to taking sunset pictures?