The Student News Source of Wylie High School

The Compass

The Compass

The Compass

Is Dating In High School Stupid?

Mikela Boyd

When you think of young love, what comes to mind? Most adults feel like kids don’t know anything about love and that we are too young. Are high school students too young to date? Do they not know what love is? Is dating in high school stupid?

When Phoebe was asked her opinion, she believes dating in high school isn’t stupid. 

“I feel like in certain situations it’s good. It’s good to test out, because it gives you a chance to see what you like and don’t like. And it allows you to form an opinion on what dating is for you,” Phoebe Akinwande said.

According to thepalmttopanther.com, only 2 percent of high school sweethearts stay together. Stats say that high school couples are not likely to get married and stay married. 

Sofia was asked the same question, and she had very strong opinions on the topic. 

“It’s so dumb because it’s not real. Love isn’t real, people lie, people cheat. People aren’t in it for the right reasons. People this age are just too immature,” Sofia Nilsson said.

A lot of people have mixed emotions on dating in high school because the experience is different for each person. 

“Yes and no. Cause you never know who you’re gonna end up with. And it could be a very good or bad experience in high school,” said Yeudiel Luna.

“I wouldn’t say stupid, but it depends on the relationship. Like upperclassmen I feel it’s logical but underclassmen are little kids I guess,” said Claudia Fernandez.

When asked, Kamsi believes dating in high school isn’t stupid. 

“No. Dating in high school isn’t stupid because it’s your first experience to relationships, and it’ll help prepare you for when you get older,” said Kamsi Ikegbunam.

Dating in high school depends on the person. No two people will have the same opinions and experiences. So, is dating in high school is stupid?